PRIO invites applications for a research administrative position within one of our research departments. The successful candidate will join our general management team and assist the Social Dynamics department’s Research Director in the day to day management of the department. The position is a maternity leave replacement for a fixed term of one year, but with the possibility of an extension. Start up as soon as possible.
The Social Dynamics department has an international staff of approximately 25 researchers and a budget of NOK 40 million. It has a high level of activity and maintains a portfolio of 30–35 research projects funded by, inter alia, the Research Council of Norway, the European Commission, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
As a Department Manager, you are expected to contribute to the provision of effective infrastructure and managerial routines at PRIO that supports the Institute’s activities. Tasks include:
- Project Development support
- Project Management
- HR Management
- Research administration and project work
- Internal and external communications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in business administration, the social sciences, economics, humanities, or other relevant fields
- Project management experience
- Strong ICT skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
PRIO is located in attractive premises in central Oslo. PRIO offers salary according to qualifications, group life insurance and membership in Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
PRIO is an equal opportunity employer and values staff diversity.
Applications should be written in English, the working language of the institute, and are to include the following:
- Letter of application, detailing motivation, competence and past experience, addressing the expected qualifications listed above
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of academic degrees
- The masters’ thesis
- Names and contact details of three references
Applications must be submitted by way of an online form.
Deadline for applications is 16 March 2020.
For further information, please contact Administrative Director Lene Kristin Borg (Lene@prio.org), tel. +47 474 50 077. For questions concerning the recruitment process or the submission of your application specifically, please contact Institute Adviser Cathrine Bye (Cathrine@prio.org), tel. +47 225 47 715.